Monday, January 23, 2012

What A Week - Weigh In

Last week was crazy flooding, snowing, ice. I hope all are safe as I hear there are tornadoes and hail storms hitting the middle and southern parts of the country today. Many of our local rivers are very high and have swollen over the banks. Several of my friends homes were flooded but all of them are safe and are staying with family.


My friend from work that fell on the ice last week is back today but has a lot of pain and bruising. She is sitting on one of those funny inflatable doughnuts as I type this, she says it is not really helping. She is a very active equestrian and I'm sure her horses are wanting to be with her soon.

My diet last week was OK. I ate slightly better last week than the previous week but did not track the way I was supposed to. My new weight is 268.5 a loss if 1.5 Lbs. I know if I start tracking this weight will melt off more quickly than a pound and a half per week, but a loss is a loss so I can't really complain too loudly.

On a different topic, Has anyone been following this season of Biggest Loser? Bob is so moody what's up?  I find myself so motivated and encouraged in my own progress by watching others success. If you haven't caught this show you should DVR it  it s a great show.

OK after much delay and false starts I reboot my C25K Couch to 5K tonight. Melody is exited and rairn' to go.  My clothes are laid out and ready, I set up my I pod play list and charged the phone, I cleared my schedule I am prepaired just like a good scout. Apart from the second coming of Christ I am running tonight... no excuses. I am a bit nervous again I don't know why, perhaps fear of failure. I keep telling myself I will meet with more success than last time. Success follows the prepared.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail."
                                                 
-Benjamin Franklin

4 comments:

  1. 1.5 to 2.5 per week is a nice pace and one that allows you to keep the weight off. The BL type numbers are really under special circumstances as you know.

    Good luck on your C25K restart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know that about the big numbers But I would have like to at least 2-3 Lbs range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone told me today--focus on the effort and the results will come. I liked that. Hope you have a great C25K workout! I totally get the fear of failing hold-up. You are totally capable of doing it though. The time is NOW :)
    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss. You just need to track. You know what to do. I don't watch biggest loser anymore....too busy trying to lose my own weight :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...