Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow Day!

Look at this view off of my neighbors front porch last night.
Mother Nature is playing a cruel joke on my exercise routine the snow has accumulated to several inches. I know you mid-westerners will probably laugh hysterically; but snow like this is causing our city to literally grind to a halt. Several inches would be totally manageable for a city that normally gets snow but not here. In our neck of the woods snow like this only occurs every couple of years, it's so rare an occurrence that our city lacks the proper snow removal equipment to get around to it in a timely manner. It is usually more than 24-48 hours before our steep neighborhood gets plowed. I was able to make it to work by sledding my car down the driveway and out to the main roads, so here I am looking out at the white stuff from my desk at work. It's a beautiful day of snow and ice that I cannot really enjoy.

Yesterday Melody and I went to a friends house for dinner. They served us chicken fajitas, yummy and a nice garden salad. Don't worry I was good and as far as I know my calories were within my limits give or take approximately 100 or so. Melody had a lot of fun playing with their kids and I had a hoot playing with their antique organ (60's era), they got it on a whim a few weeks ago. Honestly there was a button on the organ labeled I kid you not "Fun Bass". In no time I was pooping out tunes worthy of the "Napoleon Dynamite" soundtrack. I guess the key was labeled correctly "fun" because it made me smile, but for all of the wrong reasons. 


Seriously "Fun Bass"

My coworker that fell  and hit her head yesterday did not make it into work today, I hope she is feeling better soon.  The weather forecasters in our area are predicting this will taper off tonight to our normal rainy/wet cycle. I am enjoying looking at it fall from the sky it while it lasts but, I'm looking forward to being able to get to exercising again ASAP.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty pic! I do not miss snow. I lived in Nebraska for 3 years and saw my fill. Here in Texas, when it snows it's like Armageddon. I hope you get some back up cold weather exercise plans soon. It's important to be consistent and move regularly. It doesn't really matter what you do, but do something. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I find it kind of funny, having grown up with several feet of snow for months on end.. But I get how it's a problem for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...