Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Finally Feeling Better

Cough cough, choke, choke, snort, snort that has been me for a week. I've used more Vicks VapoRub, Halls cough drops, And Dayquill in the last week than I think I have in my entire life. Being sick and in bed is no fun.

Finally today the cloud of sickness is lifting I can breathe and I am feeling noticeably better. I feel a renewed drive to get all the pieces of my food and exercise plan together. I have been eating semi poorly and not tracking my food intake over the last few days and have been way more sedentary than I would like for more than a week.

So here is my exercise plan I will be walking daily at least 1 hour until Sunday. On Sunday my plan is to restart the full Couch to 5K program with Week 1 Day 1. Melody who also had been fighting this nasty cold will also be joining me on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.

My food intake goals haven't changed I am shooting for 1744 calories. The nutrition I am shooting for is 20% protein, 20% fat, and 60% complex carbohydrates. To get there I need to avoid carrot cake, and other unhealthful foods I let my self scarf down when I was sick.

OK I have a confession already today I had a breakfast sub from Subway and I looked up the calories. Nutrition wise it was actually good but calorically speaking not good and at over 1000 calories. Oh well I will only have a piece of fruit for lunch, I guess it is my trade off.

Here is to good health.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh.. subway is so goooood :D Yay for your sickness lifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good you'll get your momentum back...ouch on the sub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! 1000 calories! Holy smokes......that freaks me out. Glad you're feeling better and can get moving again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...