Sunday, January 1, 2012

C25K - W1 Day 3 Progress

New Years Eve was um, interesting I ate and drank a lot of excess calories. I knew going in to this that I was not going to be able to follow my healthy way of eating for every day of the year. And I planned on enjoying New Years Eve with friends not fretting over calories for an evening. Holidays happen. So I enjoyed the time with friends. I hope all of you had a safe and happy New Years Eve.

I am still making plans for my move and have begun the process of going through all of my stuff and packing boxes. Yesterday Melody was feeling slightly better from her cold and decided to come over around noon for our run. The weather was overcast, 39 degrees, cold but not raining. It has rained a lot lately  around here and the river is high over flooding the banks in some of the low lying places. Melody and I got into our running gear synced up our phones and bounced out the door over the soggy ground.

I don't know if it was the weather or just my attitude but I felt noticeably stronger today. I was able to power through each of the run segments without over stressing myself. Don't get me wrong it was still challenging but, I did not feel like I was going to die. Melody said the run was challenging to her. Hopefully over the next few runs I will continue to see this progress. I'm felling better about my ability to complete this running program.

Near as I've figured out there are 10 or 11 of the holidays spread throughout the year that may include some type of celebrations with food. My plan is to enjoy each one of them them as I would. Being mindful not to stretch them beyond their appointed day. This will ensure I am right were I need to be. My new life is not about deprivation, It is about changing from my old patterns. Celebrations are worth celebrating, even with food. I's not the single day of eating that determines the bulk of my food it is every other day of the year the 350 or so other days.

For the sake of honesty I consumed roughly 3618 calories yesterday 39/25/37 fat/protein/carbs. My food was way over my 1809 goal but I knew that would happen. Some of the food items I enjoyed yesterday, Pot Stickers, Meat balls, cocktail wienies, popcorn, and 4 cocktails. That was yesterday today is today and I'm right back onto healthy eating. Happy new years, happy new you.

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely celebrate the holidays and to the fullest extent possible. I've had to examine, though, the kind of joy I was deriving from the holiday based on the food I was eating versus what I was doing or spending it with. My mind and food are too co-dependent, so I've been trying to develop a new relationship with it and that means, for me at least, that come time for special occasions, I actually double my resolve to further challenge the divide from my enjoyment of the food and enjoyment of the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not New Year's Eve that will make or break the lifestyle change. It's all the other days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...