Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day One

Day one, done, check. I learned several things about myself yesterday. First I have a very skewed view of food. I should be thinking of food as fuel but I have been using food to comfort or cure boredom. Second I'm totally addicted to junk. I could not stop thinking about it all day long. Probably the fact that I am logging every bite is not helping but, the logging part must stay for the time being as a necessary evil on my road to success.

So yesterday I was shooting for 1809 calories total for the day. The actual result from day one was 1807 wow I was off by only 2 calories. I guess I could have had a tic tac to round everything up. I was shooting for 20/20/60 Fat, Protein, Carbohydrates. My Actual was 22/24/54 so I will need adjust a little bit there but overall I think I did pretty good for day one. With a few minor tweaks I think this self made plan is a very doable plan.

One thing I will be changing is is how I spread my calories out over the course of the day. I was fine throughout most of the day no hunger pains. But in the evening I was out of calories but most definitely not out of hunger. So I went to bed hungry but all was still OK I did not give into my cravings.

Truth be told this is not my first time losing weight or running for that matter. In 2008 I successfully lost more than 50 lbs using then a combination of both "Weight Watchers" and a basic running plan. I even ran in several local 5K races. I'm returning to a similar plan because I had been so successful in the past. Why fix what ain't broke? I did it before and I know I can do it again.

So to my eating plan tonight I will be adding my running plan app from Active C25K. C25K stands for "Couch to 5K" funny and clever. The plan for tonight will be a brisk 5-minute warm-up walk, then I will alternate 60 seconds of running, with 90 seconds of walking, for a total of 20 minutes with a 5 min cool down easy-peasey.
Last night I went into the closet and brushed the cobwebs away from my old running shoes. The  poor Saucony shoes had seen better days and perhaps one too many mud puddles. So my fiance Melody who will be joining me on this adventure and I headed off to the sporting goods store. After trying on several dozen pairs and running around the store like goofballs she settled on a pretty pair of Asics and I settled on some good looking Under Armor Assert shoes The shooes feel good I'll let you all know what I think of them after I've run with them for a while.

Well that should about do it for today. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Todd, thank you for your words of encouragement on my blog - I appreciate it so very much. Losing weight is hard, and having people lend their support is so very helpful. So I'll be adding you to my blog roll and returning to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...