Wednesday, December 28, 2011

C25K - Day 1 This is what It feels like to be a runner!

Last night was the first run of my C25K program and let me tell you I was more than nervous. I felt like a little kid in a dentists chair. My fiance M was with me and that helped to calm my nerves a bit.

My fiance and I decided to have dinner (baked fish and brown rice) and watch the second half of the movie Invictus before we ran. We did not get out until eightish so it was completely dark. We both have smart phones so we synced up our apps and off we speed.

Oh did I mention it was raining and windy. I know what some of you may be thinking, yes we ran anyway.   For those who don't live in the Pacific Northwest you may not understand, it rains a lot, a whole lot, 8 or so months out of the year. People here are different they live their life and do whatever they planned on doing in spite of the weather. That said I knew going into this I would probably be running a lot in the rain so I've prepared. No fear I have bought the proper gear. M and I wore our running tights, technical shirts, jackets and hats so we were both still fairly comfortable even in the wind and downpour, rain happens.

For the first few intervals I was fine.  However About 2/3 of the way though the workout I was tired. Why am I so out of shape I thought. O how I wanted to punch that mechanical woman in my ears for saying so cheerily time to run now. By the time I reached the last run interval I had developed a side stitch on my right side but I ran though it best I could and finished with my cool down as planned. Perhaps on Thursday I will ease off just a bit on the running intervals to avoid the stitches.  M's Android got stuck on the same "Foster The People" song and she could not stop to figure it out. It was funny to watch her bounce her head to the same song. She probably had dreams last night of "Pumped up Kicks".  I guess we will work out the kinks over the next few runs.

On the food side yesterday I ate 1,888 calories. I was just a little bit over my goal of 1809 with 24/20/57 fat, protein, carbs. I did spread my eating out better and lo and behold the hunger pains I had yesterday vanihsed. Room for improvement? Yes! But I think I was still doing good yesterday, I feel good and I am proud of my progress so far. Forward motion happens one step at a time.

Peace

Records are meant to be broken, but those moments are far and few between. Every adventure offers an opportunity to evolve, explore, and celebrate life. And that is the gift that keeps on giving.  (Jenny Hadfield)

3 comments:

  1. Good job on finishing strong, sometimes that's nearly impossible! I read a good quote by Muhammad Ali. It was something along the lines of not counting sit-ups until they hurt, because that's when they count. I guess that goes for running too - pushing through like you did! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love C25K.Stick with it--gets easier after 4/5th workout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for exercise in the PNW! :) I blogged about it too: http://emuf.blogspot.com/2011/11/runningat-night.html

    Found you through Keelie. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...